Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Plangarden.com Averts Marital Dispute!

I love gadgets and cool software that is supposed to make things easier. So when I ran across Plangarden.com I decided to give it a try. Their free trial lasts 45 days and what did I have to lose? My garden plot is by no means perfect, but it helped me visualize how the amount of garden space I wanted to add would impact the rest of the yard and adjust accordingly.

When my husband asked me the other day how I wanted to configure the new garden boxes and how much wood we would need, I explained to him that I wanted to add 4 boxes, 12' x 3' each. Three in the back yard and one in the front. He was convinced that the three in the back would take up over half of the yard leaving no place for the dog or the kids to play. I was able to pull out the plan and show him exactly how it would look and assure him that the expanded garden would take less than 1/3 of the back yard. The day was saved.

Please note: I am in no way connected with Plangarden.com except to have taken advantage of the free trial. I also follow them on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have a planning tool to visualize your beds -- you'll have lots of space for veggies in back!

    Good luck with putting out plants and seeds. We're almost there for putting out tomatoes and squash in mid-April....

    My lettuce and spinach plants are 1-2 inches high right now -- it's been raining so much (thankfully) that I haven't been able to get any good photos as of yet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you managed to get some good photos today. It was gorgeous, if windy over your way. We saw a blue heron fly over this morning when we were outside with the dog. I wish it had been pretty yesterday. I wanted to come over to the Botanical Garden. Settled for driving my middle child through campus and stopping for an ice cream at the student center.

    My chard and mescalin mix is doing well in the front beds along with the azaleas and daffodils. The spinach and salad mix I planted last fall have come out as well.

    ReplyDelete